- Sen Amartya (1999) - Health in development - Bulletin of the World Health Organisation, pp 619-623.
- Berry L and Bendapudi N (2007) -A fertile field for Service Research - Journal of Service Research, 10, 2, pp 111-122.
- Bonu S and Rani M (2008).- South Asia, Health Systems of. - International Encyclopaedia of Public Health, Vol. 6, San Diego: Academic Press, pp. 128-137.
- Chow-Chua C, Goh M (2002) - Framework for evaluating performance and quality improvement in hospitals - Managing Service Quality, 12, 1, pp 54-66
- Colton D (2007): Performance Measurement in Behavioural Health Care Organisations - Journal of Health Management, 9, 3, pp 301-316
- Cowling A, Newman K and Leigh S (1999) -Developing a competency framework to support training in evidence-based healthcare- International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 12, 4, pp 149-159.
- Dash U et al (2007)- Benchmarking the performance of Public Hospitals in Tamil Nadu :An application of Data Envelopment Analysis - Journal of Health Management, 9, 1, pp 59-74.
- Donabedian, A. (1988), \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Basic approaches to assessment: structure, process and outcome\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\", The Definition of Quality and Approaches to Its Assessment, Health Administration Press, Ann Arbor, MI, pp 77-128.
- Funck E (2007) -The balanced scorecard equates interests in healthcare organizations -Journal of Accounting & Organizational change, 3, 2, pp 88-103.
- Guo. K L (2004) - Leadership processes for re-engineering changes to the health care industry - Journal of Health Organization and Management, 18, 6, pp. 435-446
- Kaplan, R.S. and Norton, D.P. (1992), \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The balanced scorecard: measures that drive performance\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\", Harvard Business Review, January/February, pp. 71-9.
- Peters DH et al (2007) -A balances scorecard for health services in Afghanistan - Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 85, pp 146-151.
- Purbey. S et al (2007) - Performance measurement system for healthcare processes - International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 56, 3, pp 241-251.
- Ramani KV and Mavalankar D (2006) -Health systems in India: Opportunities and Challenges for Improvement. Journal of Health Organization and Management. 20, 6, pp 560-572.
- Ruiz U, Simon J (2004) - Quality Management in Health Care: A 20-year journey - International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 17, 6, pp 323-333.
- Sommers S M and Merrit D E (1994) - The Impact of a TQM Intervention on Workplace Attitudes in a Health-care Organization- Journal of Organizational Change Management, 7, 2, pp 53-62.
- Veillard J, et al (2005) -A performance assessment framework for hospitals: the WHO regional office for Europe PATH project- International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 17, 6 pp 487-496.
- World Health Report - published by World Health Organization (WHO) 2000.
- Yang C C (2003) - The establishment of a TQM system for the health care industry - The TQM Magazine, 15, 2, pp 93-98.
- Zaire M (1998) - Building Human Resources Capability in Health Care: A Global Analysis of Best Practice - Part III - Health Manpower Management, 24, 5 pp 166-169.